22-23 March 2020
Mandarin Oriental Jumeira
Now in its Eighth edition, the Middle East Family Office Investment Summit is a firm fixture in the calendar of the most prominent and influential families in the region – as well as those who want to do business with them.
Alea Global Group’s Family Office Summits are unique in the Middle East, organised by a Middle East-based family office. Because we are a family office ourselves, the delegates and speakers at our events are actually members of some of the most prominent family offices around the Middle East, and not simply representatives of those family offices.
The programmes of this eight edition are created with the forward-facing and globally-focused business in mind. It will cover topics as diverse and essential as real estate, private equity, venture capital, digital assets, the generation gap, influencing behavioural changes, the role of faith in business, investing in space, championing women in the workplace, the Holy Quran in family management, and the evolution of the Corporate Social Responsibility concept.
Our summits are a great place not only to learn, but also to network and to present opportunities to potential investors in a relaxed and intimate professional environment.
We know how valuable this kind of opportunity can be, so our programme of panels, talks and round table discussions is broken up with strategic breaks for breakfast, lunch, coffee, dinner and cocktails, designed for meeting and mingling with key decision-makers from family offices.
The Al Duaij family office has a long and glorious history in Kuwait as one of the most prominent and respected business forces.
The Al Duaij family business, Alea Global Group, has won several awards including The European Award, and the CEO Award two years running. Head of the family office, Mohammad Al Duaij, has won the Man of the Year award for his work building international business relationships.
Through their networks, they have formed strong personal and professional relationships with other family offices across the globe, all sharing much common ground and a willingness to work together.
Mohammad Al Duaij, has been a conference speaker for the past 12 years, appearing at events all over the world. It was during his time touring the conference circuit that Mohammad noticed a gap in the market for events specific to family offices and those who want to meet them.
Bringing together his conference experience, and his special insight into the world’s most prestigious family offices, this conference unites family offices with each other. It also gives business and entrepreneurs unprecedented access to this unique and powerful network.
Esteemed Speakers, some of which include:
We have welcomed royalty and world-renowned business icons to address an intimate gathering of delegates, interspersed with unparalleled networking opportunities.
CEO, Alea Global Group, Kuwait
Chief Business Development Officer, Kuwait Life Sciences, Kuwait
Environmental, Social, and Governance Director, NESR, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Executive Board Member, The International Chamber of Commerce, Saudi Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
CEO, Mubbadrah Investment, Sultanate Oman
Director, Al-Sayer Group Holding, Kuwait
Quartz & Abeer Medical Group, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Managing Partner, Desert Technologies, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Manager of Investment Department, El-Ajou Family Office, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Founding Partner, The Aster Club, USA
CEO, Porcellan Tiles, UAE
CEO, SEA Ventures, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
CEO, Quraish Integrated, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
CEO, Shoura Group, Egypt
CEO & Founder, Ejada Investment, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Alea Global Group, Kuwait
CEO Swiss Hospitality Company & Board Member, Saudi-Swiss Business Council, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Founder, Baraka Impact Finance, Kuwait
Chairman, The Kanoo Group, UAE, Sultanate of Oman
Chairwoman & Creative Director, Azza Fahmy Jewellery, Egypt
Managing Director, Azza Fahmy Jewellery, Egypt
Head of Design, Azza Fahmy Jewellery, Egypt
Board Member, Elaraby Group, Egypt
Equities Reporter, Bloomberg News, UAE
Van Cleef & Arpels, UAE
CEO, Al Nasr Engineering, UAE
SWFS Expert, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Multi Family Office, GCC
Director, Kasamar Holdings, UAE
CEO, DahanCo, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Deputy Head Of Real Estate & Senior Advisor To Group Chairman, Al Fardan Group, UAE
CIO, Al Fozan Holding CO. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Executive Performance Coach, Alternative Investment GPs, Portugal
CEO, Al Zarooni Emirates Investments, UAE
Dubai Correspondent, Bloomberg HT, UAE
Partner, Merzam Capital Management, Kuwait
CIO, Gateway Partners, UAE
Managing Partner, MENA Partners, UAE & Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Entrepreneur, Investor, Strategist, UAE
Managing Director, Khansaheb Investments, UAE
Managing Partner, ISG, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Previous esteemed speakers
Every edition of the Middle East Family Office Investment Summit attracts prestigious speakers from the Middle East.
Click here to see some of the world class names who have contributed to our previous events.
Registration, Networking and one-on-one meetings, with refreshments & delicacies.
Chairman welcome and opening remarks.
17:30 Egypt’s bright future for family offices
– The family offices you need to know about when investing in Egypt.
– How Egypt’s family offices contribute socially to the society.
– As the next-Gen; how you are facing the new challenges.
– Will the family offices have more impact in the Egyptian economy in the coming few year.
18:10 Women are the future
– Data doesn’t lie: where women excel, and why we’d be foolish to ignore it.
– Dispelling myths about female leadership in business and politics.
– How to create an equal path for women in business.
18:40 Religion in business: a crash course for the uninitiated
– The key ways religion influences business practices around the world.
– Respecting, understanding and working with collaborators of different faiths.
– The business world as an example for harmonious global relations.
19:00 Roundtable Discussions
With peer learning and interaction in mind, these 60- minute breakout sessions are designed to promote the sharing of experiences and brainstorming of ideas in facilitated and balanced discussions.
20:00 Special Networking Dinner
A chance to network in an informal setting and discuss the day’s events over dinner.
Registration, Breakfast and Networking and one-on-one meetings.
Chairman welcome and opening remarks.
10:10 The Holy Quran as guidance for family governance
– An ancient text in a modern world: applying the Holy Quran to some very new issues.
– Creating structure and order in family life and family business.
– How to solve and avoid family disputes in a fair and positive way.
10:30 What do your investments say about you?
– What makes a good private equity investment vs a good venture capital investment?
– Red flags to look out for before you invest in either case.
– How to make your start-up or existing business an attractive prospect for investors.
– As a family office, how should you be looking to invest?
11:00 Family Offices lead globalisation by venturing into frontier markets
– Why family offices are perfectly placed to explored new frontier markets.
– A detailed look at frontier markets including Africa, post-Brexit Europe, Asia, South East Asia, India and China.
– Success stories of family offices who have done well in frontier markets of the past.
11:30 Networking Break
Morning networking coffee break.
12:00 All about digital assets
– What exactly are digital assets?
– Why should you store them securely?
– The best ways to organise and access your digital assets.
12:30 The changing face of Corporate Social Responsibility
– What does CSR look like in 2020?
– CSR’s journey from self-regulated good to legal obligation.
– Choosing a CSR strategy that works for you.
13:00 Knowledge is not motivation: how to really change customer, employee and global behaviours
– Environmental issues: why so many businesses talk about them, but so few are taking action.
– Understanding human nature and how to build it into our internal and external communications.
– Carrot, stick, or a new way entirely? Find out what works for motivating your workforce.
13:20 The next big thing
Our pick of the best investment opportunities for the next 6 months.
13:40 Networking Lunch
A chance to meet and discuss the morning’s sessions over lunch.
14:30 Space: the new emerging market
– It’s not all about a dying planet – some positive reasons to look at space exploration.
– Space investment for cross-border unification and financial reward.
– The companies making the most effective and fastest progress in space exploration for business.
14:50 Effective Wealth Preservation and how to achieve it
– How to assess and minimise risks with a smart investment strategy.
– What restriction are you working against? The obstacles you face and how to circumnavigate them.
– Diversification is key: how to use it to your advantage.
– Managing international cash movement for wealth preservation.
– Balancing assets and liquidity for flexiblity and security.
15:20 Digital natives vs digital immigrants: the real generation gap
– How those born after 1980 grew up speaking the language of computers, while previous generations had to learn it from scratch.
– Digital nativism’s impact on education and training, and why yesterday’s systems are failing today’s learners.
– How digital immigrants and digital natives can work together in harmony.
15:40 Real estate investment: established or emerging?
– New builds vs existing developments, which is best for you?
– The up-and-coming global real estate markets and how to get into them.
– Tried and test markets that will continue to maintain their value.
16:00 Networking Break
Afternoon networking coffee break.
16:30 Attracting family office capital for start-ups
– How to approach family offices – do’s and don’t’s.
– Why family office capital is the best option for your start-up.
– Success stories of start-ups and the family offices who invested in them.
17:00 Roundtable sessions hosted by family offices
Table one: The end of ‘a job for life’?: professional diversification and millennial career aspirations.
Table two: The best practice for work-life balance at the highest levels of responsibility.
Table three: The importance of branding for family offices.
Table four: Education – a business, an ideology, and a social good.
Table five: Retail business.
Table six: Venture capital made easier.
Table seven: Sport as an investment prospect.
17:40 Closing Remarks
Closing Remarks For the summit.
17:50 Cocktail Reception
A Cocktail reception with the chance to network in a n informal setting and discuss the summit.
What Our Attendees Say
View Our Media Gallery
Get in touch with us
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Registration is subject to Advisory Board approval.
Terms and Conditions Apply.